Pages

Tuesday 5 February 2013

Passing Days

In the last 7 months there have been changes in my life that I never thought would happen. I am in a new relationship and have 2 new children in my life.

Here is a song written and recorded just before this happened called Passing Days. It was written in Mt Maunganui. It is a reflective number on where I was at and where I might be going. I knew at that time that my life needed to change. Too much fitting in with other people's expectations and losing my self. Brian wrote a poem on expectations a few days ago.

The chorus of Passing Days goes:-

Life's too short to let it slip away
Can never get back each passing day

[We should make decisions in life on what we know now. We can't predict the future so there is little point in worrying about it. I need to listen to my own words of advice more readily as I am one of the great thinkers and can talk myself out of any decision making.] This was written before the big decision and now having made it I know it was the only right decision I could make if I was to be true to myself as the lyrics in my song express.

Here are the lyrics followed by my singing and piano accompaniment. The quality is not great I'm afraid. Lea has given the thumbs up for my song. I hope you like it too and in some way speaks to you as it speaks to me.

Passing Days 

A break away the order of the day
Escape the mundane that can drive you insane
Trapped in life's dramas too easily caught
Trying to please counts for nought

Chorus
Life's too short to let it slip away
Can never get back each passing day

Critical people exist everywhere
Give unwanted advice be prepared
The 'know it all' brigade who feel the need
have a hunger their so called knowledge feed

Bridge
Start today make every moment count
Its up to you what you choose to do

Trust in whatever you do feel
Your life to live take and give
When others try to drag you down
Let them know they're not welcome around

Chorus

Be true to yourself the best you can be
Don't answer to anyone only to me
Make sure you find the time
To sing with joy, beauty and rhyme

Bridge




4 comments:

  1. nice....really like your lyrics to this man...and so true as well..while we dont know the future we make decisions that impact and determine it every day....and if we are true to ourselves we will get the future we are looking for...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's like we're living in a Charles Dickens novel, and we don't know what the next chapter will bring.

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very special and meaningful lyrics Paul! Thank you for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I really love your words here. It is so true, we really have to trust ourselves more. To sing with joy, beauty and rhyme...so beautiful!
    This also makes me wonder what the two of you have gone through lately, hang in there, LOVE conquers all!

    ReplyDelete