Pages

Thursday 16 August 2012

Busy day today

Next week I'm starting a brand new job.  It seems unreal at the moment that I will actually be in a paid position from next week.  It has been a little while and I'm excited to have the opportunity to be part of a team again and hopefully have some great contributions to offer. 

I got a call from my new boss and they have given me Monday off, so I'm only starting on Tuesday.  That's such a cool way to start a new job I think :-).  It will be a bit of a shock to the system too as I'll need to wake up pretty early each morning to catch my train and then head off to the city (I just really hope I don't run late, that would not be a good look).  My plan is to cycle from home to the station where I will park my bike and then take the train to the city.  At least this way I'll still have the chance to do cycling despite having less free time available.  Paul says I have potential and I just need to put more effort into it, go out more often and do longer distances - that sort of thing (effectively he told me in a very nice way to stop being lazy I think...).

So with this happening next week, it means that tomorrow I will be finishing off the South African project for Paul's class.  That was the project where each class chose a country to learn more about in celebration of the Olympics.  So tomorrow I'll show the kids how to make Lion masks (or at least I hope to as I haven't made these before, but saw a pretty cool website the other day with a neat idea that I'm hoping to share with the kids).  I'll also try and take a few samples of South African food / treats for them to try.  That's the plan anyway :-).

Well I better get to it then... 

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new job - I'm sure you will get on fine. Once you get into the habit of getting up early and going to work it will be fine. Enjoy your first day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! And good cycling too! Yum, samples of South African food, any chance of recipes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck in your new job Lea. Hope you get there on time. Have you got a puncture repair outfit? Can you change a tyre in a couple of minutes? Are you sure the trains will be running on time?
    Only kidding. Everything will be fine. Why not have a practice run on the Monday? Sorry I will shut up now. :-)

    ReplyDelete