Pages

Saturday 2 August 2014

I'm in a band

Hope all is well in blogging world! 

Had a skype with my good mate, John this morning. It was a great pick me up after a long time with no contact.

Yes, it is true! I'm finally in a band. I play keyboards and harmonica. Our band 'Lazarus' has written a song called 'Like a Stone which we got to perform at the Fringe Bar, Wellington on Tuesday night. I think we did really well. Click the link below to have a look and listen. The words are below the link! Lea is standing on my left at the keyboards helping with vocals.

http://youtu.be/HiQgiUDw0YY

Like A Stone
As I looked out the window
The sun was shining bright
Birds were singing happily
With the parting of the night

Chorus
It don’t matter what they say
Some things you just can’t take away
Today I will be heading home
I’ll stay strong……like a stone

The meal last night was my last one
The chair's all good to go
I close my eyes and remember you
I’m ready for the show

Chorus

Humming
Oh oh…oh oh

Chorus

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh x6



7 comments:

  1. its a catchy tune....cool on the band man...
    so you all hitting the open mics? did you write the song?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being in a band. I am sure that you are going to love it, knowing how much you love music. Have fun with it!

    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Being in a band means so much to musicians, it's almost like not being able to breathe properly when they aren't playing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's exciting - sounds like great fun. Hope you get lots of gigs!

    What an interesting lyric - it starts out very upbeat, then the second verse hints at something darker....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Congrats on the band and I hope you have many more gigs in the future! I envy people like you with all that talent...I have to be content with having the talent to appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, well done both of you. Nice to see you blogging again, but will understand if you run out of time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you! That's wonderful! It's good to have bandmates to create music with.

    ReplyDelete