Pages

Wednesday 23 April 2014

Moon To The Sea

Well here I am again after only a week! Thank you my followers who wrote such lovely positive messages on my last post. I have tried to catch up with your blogs but I missed you I'll hopefully catch you on the next round.

I have been taking singing lessons for the last 6 months with an amazing singing teacher. She is a professional singer and she also writes and performs her own songs.

Anita has not only been helping me with my singing techniques, I can hear her now 'open throat', but she has also helped me with slight changes to some of my best songs.

Lea has recorded a few of these for me and has uploaded one on to You Tube. I showed Anita at Saturday's singing lesson and she gave me the thumbs up for singing mostly with an open throat. Hope you like my new revamped version of 'Moon to the Sea'. Click the link below the lyrics to have a listen!


As The Moon To The Sea
You are a jewel a sparkling fire
Cannot resist to stand and admire
I gaze on your beauty...shall never tire
Serenading sweetly as a bird on a wire
 
Your gentle touch...love you so much
Bring peace to my soul...inner voices hush
Just being with you...helps the days through
Everything's possible...all I can do
 

                                                                         Chorus
                                                       l could search a thousand years
                                                         Look high, low, far and near
                                                     You are to me as the moon to the sea
                                              I'm nothing without you...but sad and lonely


                                                         Burns inside a constant desire
                                            Your very presence lifts me higher and higher
                                                     Life is good...am out of the woods
                                              Would have it not any other way if I could


                                                                         Chorus
                                                         l could search a thousand years
                                                           Look high, low, far and near
                                                    You are to me as the moon to the sea
                                             I'm nothing without you...but sad and lonely

               
                                                                         Bridge
                                                           My heart is filled with joy
                                                          Each day I spend with you
                                                            No-one other than you
                                                         Makes me feel the way I do


                                                                           Chorus
                                                        l could search a thousand years
                                                          Look high, low, far and near
                                                    You are to me as the moon to the sea
                                              I'm nothing without you...but sad and lonely
                                              I'm nothing without you...but sad and lonely


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPWCL9u8Og4

8 comments:

  1. nice...very cool chorus...and i like the different textures of the relationship in this....fun piece man....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't open the link to YouTube, Paul. I'll go check on the site itself. Nice to have singing lessons, although I wouldn't have thought you needed any.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're doing great without lessons, too, but as a photographer, I am continually trying to study and learn new techniques and perfect the existing techniques. I think a hunger to learn is a very healthy thing!

    Such a perfect song for apres eclipse!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, "As The Moon To The Sea", what great words. I am a lyric person myself, not knowing one blooming thing about music! I had a listen to the video, and I say: very well done! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always amazed at the talent out here in blog land! Love this Paul! What a sweet love that must have inspired the lyrics. No need for voice lessons...you sound great! Enjoyed it so much..thanks for sharing! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Kay G. Your lyrics are beautiful, Paul. You are so very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The points you have given here are really valuable. It absolutely was such a fun surprise to see that awaiting me as i woke up now. They are constantly to the point and simple to learn. Thanks a lot for the valuable ideas you have shared here....Cccam Server

    ReplyDelete