Pages

Monday 20 January 2014

Summer Days

I know most of my readers are chilling it out in the middle of winter but I couldn't resist posting on a recent bbq we had with family and friends. This also tied in as a low key intro to my actual celebration. When you get to my age you might as well milk the occasion.

We had chicken, bacon, venison sausages, home-made meat patties, boerewors [farmer's sausage in Afrikaans] and fresh garden salad.

Showing off skills
 
Pauline decorates the table
 
Time to dig in

Vincent admiring Kate's portioning

My work buddy, Peter wondering what Vincent has spilled on the new carpet


With full tummies it's time for a yarn


What gathering is complete without a sing along





 

 

Have included a photo that didn't make my last post of my birthday.

 
 
 
Thank you once again Lea for the wonderful photos! That lovely camera of yours is sure getting a workout!

12 comments:

  1. Great photos showing happy times, good food, friends, family.

    Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was great to have my brother, Kate and a few friends to celebrate with. Sadly most of my family are in the South Island which has an expensive stretch of water between us.

      Delete
  2. Birthdays should be milked for as long as possible!
    Glad it was a happy time for all.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My birthday seems a distant memory now so back to reality of a somewhat broken body. Niggles of middle age I suppose.

      Delete
  3. That's nice Mr. Paul! Hope u had a great barbie1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Victor
      It was a fun celebration. Hope all is well in Brazil.

      Delete
  4. nice...whats on top of your birthday cake?
    fun stuff...i def look forward to warmer weather
    when we can bbq as well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liquorice allsorts my favourite lollies. In fact all lollies are my favourites.

      Delete
  5. A BBQ on a summer's day, what heaven. Lucky you, Paul. Glad you have a new camera. Happy shooting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's raining today but at least it's warm. The photos were taken on Lea's new camera. She's having a lot of fun with it!

      Delete
  6. Your fun celebrations of summer remind me that winter can't last forever. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's very cold and chilly in my neck of the woods, but I'm outside my neck of the woods right now and in an area that would be just perfect for such a gathering! I should have brought along a grill! Keep enjoying that wonderful weather you have there!

    ReplyDelete