Pages

Thursday 23 January 2014

Gym Geeks

Yesterday I took Bianca and Caitlyn along to my local gym to put them through their paces! While this is not entirely the truth!

With Lea working and with me in full charge in the holidays I thought I would combine my workout with them being part of what I do.

How young is too young? Marion no doubt has the answer to that one!

Children are allowed in my gym as long as they are actively supervised. Since I have been going through my routines since my cycling accident last March I thought it would be fun to show them the ropes and for them to follow along with me and try out some of the equipment. They really enjoyed their workout as you might see in the following photos!

Bianca warming up to her work
 

Caitlyn trying out the shoulder press
 
 
Lifting weights is fun!
 

Look at those strong arms
 

Sisterly assistance
 

Love this cycling
 
Girls trying out the Cross Trainer
 
 
 

 
 
105 lb chest press


Pulling 250 lbs! Started at 120 last March...not for the faint hearted!


 
I have enjoyed the new fitness challenges that my accident has opened up through inability to run at the moment. I also enjoyed seeing the girls trying out something new that worked up a sweat, not too onerous and was fun.  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



6 comments:

  1. nice...i have been hitting the gym a bit this year, toning up and dropping a few pounds i had let add up....

    is there an age where it is not good for them to lift? for some reason i was thinking it had to do with their growth....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paul, What a great time! You seemed to use good common sense about this.

    Weight machines set at appropriate lighter weights seems okay, which is what they did. With weight machines, nobody has the risk of weights falling on them--except for fingers. You have to watch so that fingers don't get pinched between the weight machine plates. Cardio is definitely good.

    You probably thought this too--I basically think the girls are too young for free weights because there are a lot of safety issues involved, unless it is very little dumbbells, like 3 pounds and under.

    Love the picture entitled "Look at those strong arms." Maybe she could learn to do dips. You're a great role model, Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's wonderful that you're showing them how to be strong and healthy. Those weights look awfully heavy though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The girls probably know by now that keeping fit is enjoyable. That kind of exercising is not for me though, the thought of those weights would make me run a mile. I'll stick to my floor exercises, thank you very much... grins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. More is caught than taught, so kudos to you, demonstrating how to keep healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Paul, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete